Pork chops are the all-stars of this dish! I enjoy eating pork, however I don’t eat it often. I don’t normally eat pork chops with bone in, however, I decided to have a go at it, and everyone who ate them loved it! Pork can be expensive, it just depends on the cut, how it has been prepared at the butcher, and whether it is organic or not.
This recipe is easy and will ensure a great and tasty meal.
For this tasty meal you will need a few ingredients.
- Pork Chop With Bone
- One per person
- Fresh Thyme
- Sweet Potatoes
- Assorted Carrots
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Chicken Stock or Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Generously, salt and pepper both sides of each pork chop
- In a large pan on medium-high heat add about two to three tablespoons of olive oil and sear meat for at least 5 minutes each side.
- Once each side has been seared, add a juice of half of an orange, fresh thyme, and orange slices on top of the chops.
- Once this has been done, take off the stove and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- In a separate pan, add chopped assorted carrots. On the carrots add a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, honey, and a dash of balsamic vinegar, and put in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes
- In a large pot add diced shallots, garlic, and olive oil. Allow these to become soft, then add quartered sweet potatoes (enough to mash) and then add two boxes of chicken stock and a dash of vermouth. Bring to a boil, once boiled and soft enough to mash, remove liquid.
- In the oven where the carrots are, add the pan of the pork chops and cook for 30 minutes. Once the pork has cooked through it should glisten clear and be juicy. Lastly in a small pot add a cup of balsamic vinegar, the flesh of figs, and a dash of vanilla extract and bring to a boil, once it has boiled, take off and let cool down.
- Plate everything and enjoy!