Cod….Cod….Cod….Cod is the hero of this dish. I enjoy eating all types of seafood, but I really enjoy cod. Cod has a lean and mild flavor. I use cod fillets so it is easy to cook and does not take a long time to prep. I have done this now plenty of times, the original recipe is by Gordon Ramsay, but this is my twist on it. This is a peanut and almond crusted cod with great northern beans. You can use any beans, or anything you wish to accompany the fish.
This recipe is VERY simple, and once you try it you will want more and more of it.
For this tasty meal you will only need a few ingredients.
- Cod Fillet – fresh or frozen does not matter
- Salt for being an abrasive for the method.
- Crushed red pepper.
- Honey roasted peanuts
- Roasted almonds
- Garlic Chili Sauce
- Great Northern Beans
- Olive Oil
- One beaten egg per fillet
- Beat the egg
- Pat dry the fish
- Lightly season with salt and pepper if you wish
- Dredge fish into beaten egg
- Use a blender or chopper, or pestle and mortar (whichever is your favorite or easy to use)
- Add kosher salt for abrasive
- Handful of honey roasted peanuts
- Handful of roasted almonds
- One tablespoon of crushed red pepper
- Dredge or sprinkle the mixture all over the fish, and inside any cut or scored piece of the fish.
- On a medium to high heated pan, add at least one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Lay fish away from self and let it fry for 4 minutes on each side.
- Clean pan, and add more olive oil on medium heat.
- Add Great Northern Beans (or whatever beans if you want or veg)
- Add garlic chili sauce and any other flavorings you wish or none at all
- Remove beans, and enjoy meal